This conference is designed to provide the most up-to-date solutions for areas of concern or controversy in the management of football athletes in a team sport setting, no matter the age or level of play. Speakers have been selected to provide presentations on various medical and legal topics. The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and the National Football League Physicians Society (NFLPS) believe these insights will provide guidance for the management of similar problems in competitive and recreational settings.
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners should be able to:
• Analyze epidemiological trends in football injuries for professional, collegiate and youth football players
• Integrate prevention strategies with their health care team(s) to improve musculoskeletal and medical health for professional, collegiate and youth football players
• Implement an effective evaluation algorithm for musculoskeletal and medical conditions afflicting football players
• Assess and apply surgical and non-surgical treatment recommendations and rehabilitation protocols for the management of essential musculoskeletal and medical conditions in football
• Implement strategies to institutionalize enhanced collaboration between allied health personnel and team physicians as they care for football athletes
• Analyze treatment options for a wide range of injuries
• Diagnose and rehabilitate common injuries and conditions
Physician Member (AOSSM or NFLPS): $850
Physician Nonmember: $1,050
Allied Health: $450
Please note that physician and allied health registration fees will increase by $100 after February 28, 2023.